"default" object path

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Oct 16 14:18:56 PDT 2009

Em Sexta-feira 16. Outubro 2009, às 22.02.32, David Zeuthen escreveu:
> On Fri, 2009-10-16 at 19:28 +0000, Colin Walters wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Random thought; this may have some up before, but a in a lot of cases
> > (system service, desktop app) there tends to be one "manager" object
> > which is the primary interface to the app.
> >
> > People have complained about the verbosity of dbus-send before, and
> > they're not really wrong.
>
> We have bash-completion support in dbus-send [1]. It solves all of these
> problems. IOW, let's not add features to the protocol / spec when we can
> just as easily fix the tools.
>
>     David
>
> [1] : Admittedly it broke with bash 4.0 but that's a bug we need to fix

Make / the default object. Easy to type, even on busybox on an embedded
device.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

Qt Developer Days 2009 | Registration Now Open!
Munich, Germany: Oct 12 - 14     San Francisco, California: Nov 2 - 4
      http://qt.nokia.com/qtdevdays2009