"default" object path

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sat Oct 17 13:28:12 PDT 2009

Em Sábado 17. Outubro 2009, às 20.42.16, David Zeuthen escreveu:
> Anyway, you are free to keep pretending that it's a good idea to just
> register objects at '/'. You just get to keep both pieces when something
> breaks ;-)

I'm not saying / is good for all objects.

What I am saying is the original thread about a "default" object did not have
any reason to not use it.

But that's mostly because the use-case of a "default" object are not very
clear. It needs some clarifying what such an object would do or what it would
be for before we can define where it should be in.

Or we can not do it and simply accept a "fits all" solution. A simple replacing
s,\.,/,g;s,^,/, in the service name would be enough.

In any case, that's a dbus-send feature. Nothing changes in the protocol or
the library.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

Qt Developer Days 2009 | Registration Now Open!
Munich, Germany: Oct 12 - 14     San Francisco, California: Nov 2 - 4
      http://qt.nokia.com/qtdevdays2009