Communication using Dbus in c and python app

John Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Fri Apr 9 07:15:56 PDT 2010

----- "Rakesh" <rkumar at celestialsys.com> wrote:

> Hi friends,
>           Using Dbus, i want to communicate between a "C" application
> which is my server application and a "Python" application which is my
> client. Please help me how to do it?

Create a service in C which exports some methods and then a client in Python which creates a proxy object for the exported object path.  You need to make sure the C app exports the dbus.freedesktop.Introspect interface so Python can construct the object correctly.  Other than that D-Bus abstracts the language issues so it doesn't matter what language you write the service and client in.  There are a number of tutorials floating around which will tell you how to write a service and client in various languages.

--
John (J5) Palmieri
Software Engineer