python dbus for windows

John Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Fri Apr 9 07:08:01 PDT 2010

I don't see why it wouldn't work as long as you have D-Bus for windows installed.  The biggest issue would be getting a build environment.  We basically use standard C and link to libdbus and CPython.  The rest is Python so I don't seem why it wouldn't work.  There might be a few gcc specific  or Linux/Unix bits though I doubt it. If there is it should be easy to fix.

----- "Jens Nie" <JNie at RosenInspection.net> wrote:

> +1 on this.
>
> Asked for that a while ago, and had no luck since then to make it
> work. If anyone has this up and running for python 2.6 and win32,
> please contribute ...
>
> Jens

John (J5) Palmieri
Software Engineer