dbus remaining windows port issues was Re: moving file descriptor passing into a header

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Apr 22 10:21:39 PDT 2010

On 04/22/2010 09:44 AM, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
>  > When cross-compiling the cmake build,
>
> Is the current situation such that using a configure && make way to
> build is totally broken if building for Windows? (Or maybe just if
> cross-compiling for Windows?) That's what I used last time I built
> dbus master on Windows, but yeah, it certainly was not
> straightforward, and I don't know/remember if any required changes to
> the configury/makefilery have been upstreamed.

I never use cmake and always cross-build with mingw/cegcc and autoconf.  It
basically works, but some variations were broken (like without tests and
asserts enabled).  Nothing serious, and apparently some changes were made just
now to fix it (haven't gotten around to test it).

This just to say that between Ralf, Romain and me, we got the basic variations
cmake, autoconf on the one hand and native/cross compile on the other hand
covered pretty well.

Thanks,
Marcus