URL to DBUS_INTROSPECT_1_0_XML_SYSTEM_IDENTIFIER wrong?

Schmottlach, Glenn glenn.schmottlach at harman.com
Tue Apr 27 06:23:20 PDT 2010

I was looking in dbus-protocol.h and ran across the URL to the introspection DTD, e.g.

Line ~449

#define DBUS_INTROSPECT_1_0_XML_SYSTEM_IDENTIFIER "http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/dbus/1.0/introspect.dtd"

Pasting that URL into a web-browser and you get the HTTP error code "404 : Not Found"

One of my clients was using the C# binding that apparently tries to load the DTD from the introspection data and kept failing. It appears the actual URL has changed to

http://standards.freedesktop.org/dbus/1.0/introspect.dtd

Does dbus-protocol.h need to be modified? If so, won't this break all services that are not re-compiled with the change? Could someone change the freedesktop server to re-direct

http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/dbus/1.0/introspect.dtd

http://standards.freedesktop.org/dbus/1.0/introspect.dtd

so any change wouldn't require a re-compile of old clients?

Am I missing something fundamental here?

Thanks . . .