0001-Change-_dbus_exit-to-raise-SIGTERM-by-default.patch

Lennart Poettering mzqohf at 0pointer.de
Tue Apr 27 13:34:49 PDT 2010

On Tue, 27.04.10 14:32, Colin Walters (walters at verbum.org) wrote:

> New patch from IRC review:
>
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org> wrote:
> > See patch.

Hmm, are you sure this is safe? Most SIGTERM handlers will probably use the
pipe trick (or even signalfd()) to pass the signal back to the main
loop. That means the the SIGTERM only sets a flag, and execution is
continued after _dbus_exit(). Not sure if all existing apps which rely
on this exiting behaviour are really coded in a way that it is safe to
delay the exit.

I mean, I am not against this behaviour change, but I do wonder if this
isn't something that changes behaviour quite drasticaly and in an
incompatible way.

Lennart

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net