Windows x64 support

Fridrich Strba fridrich.strba at bluewin.ch
Thu Apr 29 10:10:54 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-29 at 19:05 +0200, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > dbus could be compiled on msvc 2008 without problems without stdint.h
>
> stdint.h is a C99 header, which Microsoft hasn't really decided to support.
> How about inttypes.h?
>
> For others reading: Windows 64-bit is has 32-bit longs and 64-bit long longs
> (__int64 actually), hence the need for the patch.

The problem here was actually that intptr_t is typedefed in mingw-w64
headers to __int64 and uintptr_t to unsigned __int64. But since the
__int64 is not a builtin type of the gcc 4.4.3 I use, there is a kind of
gymnastics they do to support it. In this case, the typedef of the int
pointer types was present, but the __int64 not so one needed to include
stdint.h for that. Whenever the gcc guys accept to make __int64 a
builtin type for *-*-mingw32 targets, this hack will not be needed.

Cheers

Fridrich