capture and replay signals

Sven sven.2009 at gmx.de
Wed Aug 18 00:57:17 PDT 2010

Hi

Can i intersperse signals with dbus-send in this scenario?

Application A emits signal.
Application B subscribed for the signal.

I look at this with dbus-monitor and from this gathered informations, i want to create the same signal with dbus-send to trigger the same action in Application B.

Is this possible? I could not do it, i suppose because of application B subscribed only for signals from Application A right? dbus-send will emit the signal, but with a different "sender=". So i suppose that is the reason why the signal doesn't arrive at B.
Am i right? Can i still simulate a Signal from A somehow without modifying A or B?

thanks in advance
br, Sven