[HEADS-UP] D-Bus 1.4.0 by the end of this week!

Christian Dywan christian at lanedo.com
Mon Aug 23 04:46:21 PDT 2010

Am Mon, 23 Aug 2010 12:44:33 +0200
schrieb Lennart Poettering <mzqohf at 0pointer.de>:

> Heya,
>
> just wanted to remind everybody that I am planning to roll D-Bus 1.4.0
> by the end of this week.
>
> Given that there has been no push in getting the previously mentioned
> new features (MAYBE and suchlike) ready in time, this release will
> ship without them and be called 1.4.0.

You mean "no review", not "no push". As far as I'm aware the features
were desired to be merged for 1.4.0. Of course if nobody has time for
review the net result is the same.

> If you have any important smaller fixes, then please make sure to
> post/commit them before end of this week!
>
> Also, note that part of the 1.4.0 release will be a big whitespace
> cleanup. If that happens the majority of outstanding patches might not
> apply cleanly anymore, though git is actually quite smart to deal with
> this these days. Originally it was planned to delay this until the
> mentioned patches got merged, but given that the work on that
> apparently stopped, I plan to do the clean-up shortly before rolling
> D-Bus 1.4.0.

You *don't* want to make whitespace changes as part of the release
process. Not long ago, GTK+ broke badly that way.

--
ciao,
    Christian