[HEADS-UP] D-Bus 1.4.0 by the end of this week!

Christian Dywan christian at lanedo.com
Mon Aug 23 10:06:49 PDT 2010

Am Mon, 23 Aug 2010 17:03:58 +0200
schrieb Lennart Poettering <mzqohf at 0pointer.de>:

> On Mon, 23.08.10 16:21, Christian Dywan (christian at lanedo.com) wrote:
>

> > Am Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:00:54 +0200
> > schrieb Lennart Poettering <mzqohf at 0pointer.de>:
> >
> > > Well, which patch in particular are you referring to?
> >
> > I am referring primarily to the negotiation changes, which change
> > ABI and should really be settled before the stable release.  Colin
> > among others agreed to making these changes *provided* they can be
> > reviewed.
> >
> > https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=36154
>
> Well, my reading of this discussion of this was that in the end the
> general thinking on this ML was that the negotiation should continue
> to use seperate commands for seperate features instead of mingling
> this all into one line. There were a handful of people who disagreed
> but I understood that they were overruled?
>
> I am not convinced we should reopen the discussion now as I feel we
> already discussed this to death.

The voices seemed mostly equal on both sides to me, which is why I
emphasised that Colin was in favour of the changes.

That said, I'm not keen on a fight either, read below :-)

> > Ideally I would also like the Maybe type on top of that.
>
> Well, to be frank, I'd rather see this implemented with the already
> existing dbus_connection_can_send_type() call.

Conveniently, the patches for maybe on top of the current negotiation
are already in that bug, since I implemented that separately. So
in practical terms we could go forward reviewing those.

--
ciao,
    Christian