Need dbus rule to access the battery

Nuzhna Pomoshch nuzhna_pomoshch at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 11 12:12:52 PST 2010

Hi,

My knowledge of dbus is quite limited, but I have discovered that
(apparently) dbus is preventing me from accessing information
about the battery in my laptop in kde (as an ordinary user):

# solid-hardware query 'IS Battery'
udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer_power_supply_battery_BAT0'

$ solid-hardware query 'IS Battery'
QStringList Solid::Backends::Hal::HalManager::findDeviceByDeviceInterface(const Solid::DeviceInterface::Type&)  error:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied"

I assume that some rule in the /etc/dbus-1 tree could grant
such access, but I have no idea how to write one.

Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.