ff393c562d8ac08f0b88174eb09303b495da992d

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Tue Dec 14 07:29:32 PST 2010

Am 14.12.2010 14:00, schrieb Will Thompson:
> On 13/12/10 17:42, Ralf Habacker wrote:
>> Hi Will,
>>

>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/commit/?id=ff393c562d8ac08f0b88174eb09303b495da992d
>>

>> thanks for this catch.
>
> Unfortunately this wasn't the only thing that was broken by the merge
> of the launchd support. Here's a branch that fixes various test suite
> issues, two of which were introduced by those changes:
> <http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=user/wjt/dbus.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/fix-the-tests>.

I reported this issue
http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=user/wjt/dbus.git;a=commit;h=2cbf62413fffdc3a58f7cd20aca2356a0872f031
already to the author, but he didn't had an idea how to solve it.

the most problem seems to me the huge number of configure options with
which dbus could be build. I applied the patches and compiled dbus on
windows and linux with and without the --enable-launchd option and did
run make check to be sure that there are not side effects, but it looks
that this isn't enough :-(

> I'll see if I can convince my employer to sponsor configuration of a
> buildbot for the core DBus components to avoid this happening in future.
for cmake builds there is already cdash http://www.cdash.org/

BTW: If you need some assistance let me know

Regards
Ralf