1.4.1, 1.5.0, 1.6

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Wed Dec 15 05:34:58 PST 2010

Hi folks,

Looking at the changes on master since 1.4.0, we have a bunch of
miscellaneous fixes by Christian, some autolaunch-related changes and
miscellaneous bugfixes for Windows, and launchd integration and
miscellaneous fixes for OS X. Plus a bunch of additions and cleanup to
the documentation and its build system. So far I think this is all
kosher for a 1.4.1 release.

My arg0namespace match rule stuff, acked by Simon (on #24317) and
Lennart (on IRC or by email, I forget which) is ready to go. This branch
makes argXpath matching match arguments of type 'o' (which previously
they did not), and adds a new arg0namespace match rule key. I'm not sure
whether it's worth starting a new unstable series for this.

But I also think it would be good to land Christian's maybe type. I'm
planning to (re-)review those patches later this week so that they can
finally be merged. This is a relatively big change so I think needs to
go in 1.5.0. So probably the arg0namespace stuff should go in 1.5.0 too.

Any objections to my releasing 1.4.1 and 1.5.0 at the end of the week or
early next week? What else, if anything, do people want to go into a
hypothetical 1.6.0 in a month or so?

Regards,
--
Will