dbus_connection_send not working on a Windows machine?

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Dec 24 04:24:04 PST 2010

Am 16.11.2010 17:55, schrieb Miller, Douglas K. CONT NAVAIR 2109, 1, N139:
> I did replace "dbus_connection_set_unix_user_function(..)" with dbus_connection_set_unix_windows_function(..) and the "DBusAllowWindowsUserFunction function" parameter points to a function that returns true.
>
> The wireshark running on the windows machine says that the response to the Linux machine is "REJECTED EXTERNAL DBUS_COOKIE_SHA1 ANONYMOUS".
>
> Has anybody got a clue as to why this is happening?

In bus_driver_handle_hello () which handles the hello message  there is
the following code

   if (bus_connection_is_active (connection))
     {
       /* We already handled an Hello message for this connection. */
       dbus_set_error (error, DBUS_ERROR_FAILED,
                       "Already handled an Hello message");
       return FALSE;
     }

calling "Hello" on windows command line reports this error:

 >qdbus  org.freedesktop.DBus /  org.freedesktop.DBus.Hello
Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed
Already handled an Hello message

which looks as expected after the connection is active.

Regards
  Ralf