Interacting with Skype via DBus/GLib

Thomas Themel thomas at themel.com
Sat Dec 25 02:29:42 PST 2010

Hi,
Excerpts from Osmo Antero Maatta's message of Sat Dec 25 10:31:41 +0100 2010:
> I have found a Python scripts that works fine with Skype over DBus.
> The script is here:  http://www.futuredesktop.com/tmp/py-test1.py

I think you're confused about the structure of DBus communication here. There
is no DBus signal in this case, just you exporting an object on the DBus that
has a method that Skype calls, so you'll want to emulate that in your Glib code
(which I know nothing about). I think you're interested in

http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-tutorial.html#glib-server

ciao,
--
[*Thomas  Themel*] "Lainaks", darauf steht die Jugend,|
[extended contact] junge Spunde ohne Tugend,          | Ferdinand.Goldmann