Cmake update patch for dbus master

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon Feb 8 00:01:39 PST 2010

Thiago Macieira schrieb:
> Em Segunda-feira 8. Fevereiro 2010, às 02.20.50, Romain Pokrzywka escreveu:
>
>> More importantly, I think having different daemon names still fail to
>> answer a critical issue: how to make the clients  talk to the right daemon
>> ? From what I see, both versions use the same tcp port, so the clients
>> won't know which daemon they're connecting to anyway, regardless of their
>> name. I haven't really looked much into that mechanism yet though, so
>> maybe I'm missing something.
>>

> Use another port or use another identifier file.

there is a bug in the windows part of dbus which prevent to use another
identifer file.
dbus-daemon --session will fetch session.conf from the known location.
(say <dbus-install-root>/etc/session.conf)  and setup internal a session
bus see [1]

      else if (strcmp (arg, "--session") == 0)
        {
          is_session_bus = TRUE;  [1]
          check_two_config_files (&config_file, "session");

          if (!_dbus_append_session_config_file (&config_file))
            exit (1);
        }
      else if (strstr (arg, "--config-file=") == arg)
        {
          const char *file;

          check_two_config_files (&config_file, "config-file");

          file = strchr (arg, '=');
          ++file;

          if (!_dbus_string_append (&config_file, file))
            exit (1);
        }

and later

  if (is_session_bus) [1]
    _dbus_daemon_publish_session_bus_address (bus_context_get_address
(context));

while  using

dbus-daemon --config-file=<dbus-install-root>/etc/session.conf will not
be known as a session bus configuration because is_session_bus is not
set and an the recently used session bus will therefore not be published
to the dbus client library.

I guess there should be a config file options to explicitly use a
session bus or I'm completly wrong ?
Ralf