dbus java bindings name registery and introspection problem

Matthew Johnson dbus at matthew.ath.cx
Thu Feb 11 04:29:41 PST 2010

On Thu Feb 11 03:26, ozgur cagdas wrote:

> I have written the below interface and it's implementation just to practice
> java dbus bindings but the problem is, when I compile it and run, it doesn't
> register the name 'com.mycompany.wrapper_interface' but a standard name
> assigned by the bus something like ':1.99'.

This is because you don't ask for a bus name. The interface is _not_ the same
as the bus name. See http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/DBusAnalogy if
you are not understanding the difference.

> Just probably because my implementation of Introspect method returns null, I
> cannot introspect this interface either. Previously I've used Qt dbus
> bindings and in that case using annotations was enough to make the interface
> introspectable. So, what should I do to make this interface introspectable? I
> hope the answer is not simply 'fil the Introspect method manually' or at
> least there is a better alternative do exists.

dbus-java will automatically generate introspection data for you, you don't
need to extend Introspectable, the class is there for you to introspect remote
objects.

Matt
--
www.matthew.ath.cx