Cmake update patch for dbus master

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Feb 16 01:36:12 PST 2010

Em Terça-feira 16 Fevereiro 2010, às 10:17:23, Ralf Habacker escreveu:
> When I follow your arguments then there are still the following issues:
> - the klauncher issue
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-windows/2010-February/004663.html for
> which i do not see any solution without having different session bus
> support (requiring command line console is not a choice in the windows
> gui world.)

I don't see any issue there.

I think a user WANTS to use the release-mode binaries for everything except
what he's debugging/developing on or testing.

The only problem I can see is a release-mode kdeinit4 loading kdeinit-binaries
or kioslaves built in debug mode. I know that's a problem on Windows, since
that may load two sets of Qt libraries (due to the extra 'd' in the library
name in debug mdoe).

But that's a KDE problem, not a D-Bus problem. D-Bus is just a message-passing
application. It doesn't care what KDE does with it. And it most certainly
doesn't need to be in debug mode for KDE apps to be debugged.

Please stop pushing a KDE problem into D-Bus. I know I'm a KDE developer, but
the point is: fix the problem where the problem is.

> - on windows the session bus isn't started at user session setup, which
> means in fact that the dbus-daemon located in the installation path of
> the first started application with dbus support will provide the user
> session bus - is this intended ?

Yes. The wire protocol is the same and it's stable.

> BTW: In case someone is in trouble because of who will implement this
> suggested feature - i have a 95% completed patch for the suggested
> different session bus feature, there is only the test case missing.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358