Commits to core *must* have reviewers

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Feb 19 13:09:58 PST 2010

Colin Walters schrieb:
> Also on this subject, the build on Linux is broken in master.  Would
> it be too onerous to request that you guys build on say virtualbox+linux?
You are talking to the windows people ?  - I personally have access to a
linux box and while merging the windows port I performed dbus builds on
linux regulary to be sure that is not broken by the merge.

On the other side windows people encountered a broken windows build by
unix patches, fixed for example in
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/commit/?id=2016b83dece7f220269033e7957fb02140334294
the request would also belongs to unix committers to make sure that
their patches do not break dbus window.
This would probably be possible by either
- using wine and a mingw build system (gcc based) or
- cross compilation environment.

As far as I know do kdab have knowledge how to cross compile dbus on linux.

> Though what we *really* need is an autobuilder.

Any idea how to create ?
> Anyways the attached patch fixes things for me.  Unless there are
> objections I'll commit soon.

As long as unix only files are affected I see no problem.

Ralf