DBus in the kernel?

Ross Burton ross at burtonini.com
Tue Jan 5 08:41:12 PST 2010

On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 15:12 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Last I recall, (from the a11y measurements that Rob did), that
> like-for-like, d-bus was ~2x slower than ORBit2 for the same, simple,
> point-to-point (ie. not via the bus) synchronous call.

As a secondary data point, the last time I profiled eds-dbus sending
thousands of contacts over the bus, message validation (specifically
UTF-8 validation) was something like 20% of the runtime.

Amusingly I attempted to switch the transport to arrays of bytes to skip
the validation, but the array validation was actually even slower...

Ross
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross at burtonini.com
                                          jabber: ross at burtonini.com
                                           www: http://burtonini.com