DBus in the kernel?

Ian Molton ian.molton at collabora.co.uk
Wed Jan 6 03:31:21 PST 2010

Ian Molton wrote:

> I'm now splitting that into a seperate transport, and will then look at
> converting my new address family into a bus topology rather than point
> to point, along with appropriate mods to libdbus and the dbus daemon.

wjt pointed out I should clarify the above. I agree:

By appropriate mods to dbus-daemon I mean that it'll handle  requests to
 join / leave the bus etc. and will push policy / permissions into some
kind of kernel routing table so that messages can be routed point to
point rather than via the daemon, avoiding the double-context-switch path.

-Ian