dbus - remote

Schmottlach, Glenn glenn.schmottlach at harman.com
Thu Jan 14 07:31:21 PST 2010

I believe this is/was a security decision. There is no easy way to authenticate and authorize the application that is attempting to connect to the daemon from the outside. If you are on a "trusted" network then this may not apply (that's the environment I work in). I agree, this approach has a great deal of potential and is how I use it with an embedded system for debug and testing out-side the target environment.

Glenn