Need help understanding dbus-glib event loop

Bruce, Henry henry.bruce at intel.com
Tue Jan 19 11:38:18 PST 2010

I'm using dbus-glib to add IPC support to an SDK. All is working well, but I've found that signals only get through to the client if it is running a g_main_loop. It seems as if the signals need an event pump and the main loop is providing that service.

Is there any way that I can receive signals without a g_main_loop? I'd like to avoid forcing clients to run a main_loop. I could hide a main_loop in my C++ binding but this seems icky.

Thanks,

Henry Bruce