Concurrent dbus issues...

Daniel Melfi dmelfi at bluefintrading.com
Thu Jul 8 19:11:45 PDT 2010

(please excuse if this is the incorrect mailing list)

I'm developing a small utility for work that will take advantage of dbus
for some *very* simple inter-process communication.
All I need to do is send a request for a list of items, and receive a
signal (intermittently).
I seem to be having a concurrency issue since i'm calling
dbus_connection_read_write on a worker thread and calling
dbus_connection_send_with_reply on another and am getting errors at
various points in the code.

Basically, what I've done (almost verbatim) is copy the sample code from
http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus/dbus-example.c and move the signal
handler into a worker thread.

Does anyone have advice/tips on how to track down my issue? Also, I've
tried calling read_write_dispatch but it hasn't helped either.

Thanks in advance,
Dan