releases

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Fri Jun 4 14:47:14 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 1:17 PM, Lennart Poettering <mzqohf at 0pointer.de> wrote:
> Heya,
>
> D-Bus appears kinda stuck right now, with 1.3 moving in glacial speed
> only. To get the ball rolling again and because nobody seems to step up
> for this I plan to roll a release in two weeks from today. Please get
> your stuff into the tree until then, otherwise I'll do the release
> anyway and pass the blame for changing APIs on to you.

A 1.3 release is OK I guess, but the important thing is deciding what
exactly will make the cut for a stable 1.4, among:

* Negotiation in the protocol
  * File descriptor passing (before or after header proposal)
* Maybe types
* MacOS X merging
* Win32 release engineering (do we ship a binary, etc.)
* Thread safety changes (incl. compatibility concerns)