Dbus-java problems with org.freedesktop.Notification

Ruben Faelens parasietje at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 11:21:06 PDT 2010

Hello list,

I tried to run the attached java code, but dbus-java reports a dbus
disconnect. According to irc.freenode.org/dbus, this means dbus-java
sent a malformed dbus message. I tried dbus-java 2.7.2 as well as the
latest git clone. Trying other methods on the Notifications remote
object works without a glitch.

What I tried:
* Calling the Notify-method from perl-dbus: works perfectly
* Calling the GetCapabilities method from java: works perfectly
* Calling the Notify method from java: reports Disconnected error
* Calling GetCapabilities using bus.callMethodAsync: works perfectly
* Calling Notify using bus.callMethodAsync: DbusExecutionException (like
the method is not found)

I attached the debug log. Am I doing something wrong when calling the
method?

Ruben Faelens