dbus-send use?

danny tornadory at 163.com
Wed Jun 9 21:36:54 PDT 2010

Perhaps you could try the "d-feet" tool. It could list all of the running dbus services.

For others, you should check the documents for specific program.

--

 Best Regards,

在2010-06-10 05:18:13,ttlee1984 <ttlee1984 at gmail.com> 写道:
Hi all,

I have a question in the use of dbus-send. It requires the --dest argument. But what is it? In the man page it says it is the name of the connection, I assume it refers to what is called "well-known bus name" in the specification. But how should I use it or even know this name? For example, I want to check the brightness of the computer. I now know the object path ,which is /org/freedesktop/Hal/device/computer_backlight   The interface is org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.LaptopPanel  and the method is GetBrightness(void). So how shoud I use dbus-send to call this method? I have tried several combinations but did not get any luck. Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers