[Patch] Moving FD passing into the header

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Thu Jun 17 13:45:31 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 1:14 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:

> To support file descriptors with this patch, it would be necessary to modify
> the QDBusPendingReply in a way it wasn't meant to. I'd much rather simply add
> a type that matches the signature, thus allowing for:
>
>        QDBusUnixFileDescriptor fd = interface.asyncCall("something");

I just don't think file descriptor passing is going to be common
enough that it's necessary to get it down to a single line of code.
Generally it's going to be down in the bowels of a few operating
system components, or it will be wrapped inside another library like
libpulse or whatever.

> QDBusPendingReply<ReturnType> reply = interface.asyncCall("something");

You can bind it as reply.wait();  reply.getUnixFileDescriptor(0); right?