[Patch] Moving FD passing into the header

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Mon Jun 21 07:17:25 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Havoc Pennington <hp at pobox.com> wrote:

> However I don't really get the argument about extending the type
> system being disruptive, since there are other extensions also in
> progress. You may as well dump in another one (in fact getting them
> all done at once so bindings would update in one shot, would be an
> admirable goal ... the feature negotiation could even be "typesystem
> 2.0" instead of allowing subsets/combinatorics of the extensions).

Okay...that does lend itself to the suggestion of keeping the fd
passing as an explicit type, and getting the maybe type in, and
calling that typesystem 2.0 then.  If we're taking this approach, then
that raises the question of other extensions, but there's nothing
really else in the cards, is there?  Besides float I guess, but that
one I think is fairly fringe.