dbus_bus_get or dbus_g_bus_get. which is true to use.-i am confused.

Mukesh Savaliya Mukesh.Savaliya at MatrixComSec.com
Fri Jun 25 01:38:44 PDT 2010

Hellow,

 I have just started compiling sample code for dbus-glib for my application.
My application requires to call a function in qt application.

My application just uses glib bindings.

Application returns integer value for DBusGConnection * connection and when
I try to get the proxy using dbus_g_proxy_new_for_name_owner.

But it always returns 0

And I am condused about getting connection: which one should I use out of
this two.

1)dbus_g_bus_get:gets connection but gives some while running the code
error :symbol lookup error: /usr/local/lib/ libdbus-glib-1.so.2 ,undefined

                                   symbol:dbus_watch_get_unix_fd

2)dbus_bus_get:   gets connected but proxy call retuns proxy=0.

Please assist me someone.Quick reply will be appreciable.

With regards,

Mukesh.