confusion in servicename, objectpath and interface name.pleasereply.

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Jun 30 00:25:50 PDT 2010

Em Quarta-feira 30. Junho 2010, às 08.25.40, você escreveu:
> Ohhh really? Thanks for this.
>
>  Can u please tell me how can I look at the real one? Or
> Can u just tell me what and how should be the name of the
> Interface name,objectname and objectpath?

Please reply to the list, not to me.

I don't know what dbus-monitor command you wrote. Please be a LOT more verbose
in your emails, indicating what you've done, what your code looks like, what
your errors were, what you expected to see and what you saw instead.

In fact, you probably need to read Eric Raymond's "How to ask smart questions"
article. I can't help you if your emails are limited and without much
information.

This doesn't help either:

> I am expecting a reply,as I think I am very near to the solution.

I'm not being paid to reply to you. I will answer if I know the answer, if I
have the time and if I feel like it. You have to win my sympathy and everyone
else's, so please understand that you're "kindling requesting help".

Now, to your issue:

Please post the entire dbus-monitor output and the command-line you ran.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358