Java generic signal handler

minimulisha03 ericcarmody at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 1 13:46:39 PST 2010

I seem to be having problems getting the DBus Daemon to accept my addMatch
calls, even if i change my match rule string i always get the same results
routed to me.  Am i doing this correctly?

String addr = System.getenv("DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS");
dbus_conn = DBusConnection.getConnection(addr);
BusAddress address = new BusAddress(addr);
conn = new Transport(address);

message = new MethodCall("org.freedesktop.DBus", "/org/freedesktop/DBus",
"org.freedesktop.DBus", "Hello", (byte) 0, null);
conn.mout.writeMessage(message);

message = new MethodCall("org.freedesktop.DBus", "/org/freedesktop/DBus",
"org.freedesktop.DBus", "AddMatch", (byte) 0, 					"s", "type='signal'");
conn.mout.writeMessage(message);