more comfortable approach for exporting dbus functions on windows

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Thu Mar 4 13:51:51 PST 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 4:33 PM, Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at freenet.de> wrote:

> On windows the macro DBUS_EXPORT contains the required compiler directive to
> export/import symbols, on non windows os this macro is a noop.

I haven't looked at the patch, but I'm relatively OK with this.  I'd
suggest this text for the comment:

/*
 * Declare the following symbol as public.  This is currently a noop on
 * platforms other than Windows.
 */

Related to this, one thing we should actually really investigate is
the trick used in GLib to avoid going through the PLT for internal
functions.  See:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/glib/tree/glib/makegalias.pl

But that's probably a different patch.

> The appended patch adds such support for the public dbus api functions. The
> internal symbols could be adressed in further patches.

What change would need to be made to the internal symbols?