Safe to call _dbus_validate_bus_name()?

Soh Kam Yung sohkamyung at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 23:39:36 PST 2010

Hello,

I'm in a charge of a library that wraps about libdbus.

There has been a request for my wrapper library to detect invalid dbus
bus names that don't meet the dbus specification
[http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-specification.html#message-protocol-names].

Currently, my library causes an assert error when it calls
dbus_bus_request_name() with an invalid name.  Ideally, I should
detect the invalid bus name and return an error to the caller.

I notice that libdbus implements _dbus_validate_bus_name().  Can I
call that function to validate an dbus bus name in my library or
should I implement my own validation function?

Regards,
Kam-Yung
--
Soh Kam Yung