PropertiesChanged signal

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Fri May 7 14:08:00 PDT 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:

> I will not implement this property in QtDBus unless there's a subscribe method
> to trigger the emission of the signal. Anything else is wasteful.

The concept with the proposed patch is that existing bindings would
need to expose a method for a service to opt-in to emitting this
signal.  And clients would need to know whether or not the service
emits the signal.

Now, maybe it would make sense to have a standard method
EnablePropertyChanges to reverse this, but then you'd be relying on
the binding being new enough to implement that...gets complicated.