PropertiesChanged signal

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Sun May 9 01:58:07 PDT 2010

On 07/05/10 18:46, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Hmm, could we extend the spec a little and say that a PropertiesChanged
> signal with an empty dict means "some property changed"? I know quite a
> few projects which have something like this (and for a reason, since the
> property data is big and more often not read than it is read), including
> some of my own.

So what should the proxy objects do in this case? I guess the idea is
just to invalidate the local property cache so that if someone asks the
proxy for some properties, it goes away and re-fetches them. It strikes
me that it might be nicer to be able to say that a particular property
changed to an unknown value, but I can't see a way to wedge that into an
a{sv}. :)

--
Will