PropertiesChanged signal - races...

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue May 11 13:21:13 PDT 2010

Em Terça-feira 11. Maio 2010, às 15.19.25, David Zeuthen escreveu:
> I disagree. Whether a property ChatroomParticipants emits
> PropertiesChanged (with or without value) is very much a decision of
> the author of the interface. It's as much part of the programming
> contract as whether the interface emits other signals (or not). It
> really is part of the ABI. E.g. it's not something that is left up to
> some implementation or binding or whatever.

That would mean that the emission of the signal is the responsibility of the
author of the code implementing the interface. If that's the case, I'll be
happy to add a method that developers can call to emit the signal.

I was under the impression that the binding should do this automatically.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358