org.fd.DBus.Introspectable.EnumerateObjects()

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Thu May 13 06:39:39 PDT 2010

On 13/05/10 02:12, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Lennart Poettering<mzqohf at 0pointer.de>  wrote:
>>   org.fd.DBus.Introspectable.EnumerateObjects(in s interface, out ao paths);
>
> If we do this, I'd like it look be a bit more complicated
>
>   EnumerateChildren(in as interfaces,
>                    in i flags,
>                    out a(sa{sv}) children);

I assume you mean out a(oa{sv}) children (or maybe a{oa{sv}} unless
ordering of children is something people will care about?).

(Maybe we should define a type code for D-Bus interface names?)

> So getting all
> object properties for all objects of interest in a *single* call is a
> huge win I think [1].

I agree. A variant of GetAll() that operates on multiple objects and
multiple interfaces would be handy, and this looks like a neat way to
combine both that and discovering the objects' paths in the first place.
(It'd be great for enumerating Telepathy accounts, for instance.)

Regards,
--
Will