D-Bus User Bus

Scott James Remnant scott at ubuntu.com
Fri May 14 01:01:32 PDT 2010

Since we're all in proposals mood, I'd like to forward the suggestion of
allowing D-Bus to support a User Bus, as well as the existing Session
and System buses.

The key difference is that the User Bus can be available for each user,
and that only one of the bus is available; whereas the Session bus is
unique for each log-in session.

It doesn't make sense to conflate these, and I don't think there'd be a
problem with allowing the D-Bus code to at least _support_ a User Bus if
it's desired?

Comments?

Scott
--