Thread problem causing some calls to hang for 25

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue May 18 08:00:51 PDT 2010

Em Terça-feira 18 Maio 2010, às 15:15:43, Thiago Macieira escreveu:
> The Qt issue is http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-7475. I can
> reproduce it reliably with and without the patch.
>
> So the patch doesn't fix the issue.
>
> It does make it that much rarer, though. I have another issue in a private
> bugtracker for Maemo that shows considerable improvement. Instead of
> locking  up for 25 seconds every 10-15 attempts, it takes me more than 300
> attempts to get a lockup.
>
> I'm investigating to see if I can distill a pure-dbus testcase from 7475.

I found another race condition in QtDBus code. After fixing it, the combination
of both fixes makes the Maemo testcase pass, in 2000 runs. Without either fix,
it fails every 10-15 attempts.

QTBUG-7475 is still not fixed. I'm investigating a bit more with helgrind.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358