D-Bus User Bus

Havoc Pennington hp at pobox.com
Wed May 19 19:22:54 PDT 2010

Hi,

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 10:15 PM, Lennart Poettering <mzqohf at 0pointer.de> wrote:
> Well, this approach has the same effect of what I was
> suggesting. However, while I suggested the appending of the display ID
> should happen on the client side (and in the gtk app class) this
> approach would move that down into the bus.
>
> To my it appears as if this logic is more appropriately placed in gtk
> than in dbus itself though.

The difference is in the default. My suggestion is a way to get what
you want, but while keeping the current ABI and protocol compatible,
and per-session is the default unless something requests
per-(user,machine)

The idea would be that extra work (multiple display handling) is
opt-in instead of opt-out and existing apps don't break