Disabling new D-Bus protocol features by default

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Nov 9 15:14:41 PST 2010

On Tuesday, 9 de November de 2010 23:43:20 Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Well, I think it can be expected from all software projects that they
> might improve and be updated eventually. In fact, the "libdbus-1" file
> name already includes a version number, making pretty clear that there
> will be updates in the future.

Changing the version number in "libdbus-1" would be a binary incompatible and
quite possibly source incompatible change. That would require apps to
recompile and relink, probably even change the source code.

That would be an example of "apps must be aware of the change to use the new
features"

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358