User bus conclusion

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Nov 10 07:16:26 PST 2010

Em Quarta-feira, 10 de Novembro de 2010, às 16:07:41, Ryan Lortie escreveu:
> I'm just not crazy about the idea of having 3 dbus-daemon instances.
> And I get unhappy when I think that every application in the system will
> eventually end up with connections to all 3 of them (through use of one
> library or another).

This is a problem we're facing on embedded systems. The connection to the bus
daemon takes a couple of milliseconds -- we've got it down to 10, but I don't
see it going under 5. If we connect to three daemons, it's 15 to 30
milliseconds, usually at startup time.

Actually, it's worse, due to private connections. Qt cannot share its
connections and some other services cannot either. So you end up with a couple
more.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358