[ANNOUNCE] D-Bus 1.4.0

Lennart Poettering mzqohf at 0pointer.de
Wed Sep 8 02:53:28 PDT 2010

On Wed, 08.09.10 10:14, Romain Pokrzywka (romain.pokrzywka at kdab.com) wrote:

> > Well, I am unable to test or fix cmake. In fact I don't event think it
> > is a particularly good idea to ship both build systems in the same
> > package, and I fear if you care about it you must make sure it works
> > correctly, since I cannot do that.
> >
> > As mentioned I am planning to roll 1.4.1 relatively soon, so make sure
> > to get your fixes into the git tree soon.
> >
> > Lennart
>
> Well there are no fixes to commit, as it works just fine. We're using
> the cmake build system on a daily basis for KDE and other projects
> both on windows and linux, it _is_ stable so please stop excluding it
> from packages.
>
> If you have to exclude one build system then drop the autotools one :P
> (that's the least portable one anyway)

Well, I am not going to discuss cmake vs. automake here. Suffice to say
there are some folks who aren't as big fans of cmake as you are. (And I
happen to be one of them, but that's mostly irrelevant here.)

I built the tarball with automake, and I believe most people who hack on
D-Bus exclusively use automake. I have not actively excluded anything
from the tarball, I simply typed "make dist". If the resulting tarball
does not include you cmake files, then prepare a patch that makes sure
automake includes it. The patch probably is very simple, i.e. just adds
the cmake files to EXTRA_DIST. However, this patch must come from you,
as I cannot test this and you want this to work.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.