DBUS User other than "messagebus"

Havoc Pennington hp at pobox.com
Wed Sep 8 10:25:54 PDT 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Simon McVittie
<simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk> wrote:

> The system bus expects to be run as the user specified at build time,
> defaulting to messagebus. You can change it by configuring dbus with the
> --with-dbus-user option:
>
>    ./configure --with-dbus-user=thesystembus

fwiw, I'm pretty sure --with-dbus-user just sets what's in system.conf
by default. So you could edit system.conf without rebuilding dbus, if
that is useful.

You may find you need to change other stuff on an OS to make this work
though, I'm not sure if anything relies on the identity of the dbus
user.