Off-topic: D-Bus in the kernel

Christian Dywan christian at lanedo.com
Fri Sep 17 12:31:54 PDT 2010

Am Fri, 17 Sep 2010 18:14:33 +0200
schrieb Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org>:

> Em Sexta-feira 17 Setembro 2010, às 17:38:19, Stef Bon escreveu:
> > Well maybe fascinating, and possibly technical a challenge and
> > possible, but the question is about do we want a inter proces
> > communication suite to be in the kernel??
> >
> > In my opinion this should not go into the kernel. This is not the
> > task of the kernel.
>
> I quite disagree. I think that an IPC mechanism providing
> rendezvousing and routing of messages (many-to-many) is quite welcome
> and should be provided by the kernel.

Nothing beats a discussion with well founded arguments...

In any case this is an interesting experiment. The prototype is still
shaping up, in the worst case it is a solid excuse to improve the
specification. And I find it somewhat exciting that a proven interface
is proposed for the kernel, as opposed to something written without
ever asking user space developers.

--
ciao,
    Christian