Getting values from Banshee-player's "EventChanged" signal.

Faheem Pervez trippin1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 06:57:48 PDT 2010

On 23 September 2010 13:48, Osmo Maatta <osmoma at gmail.com> wrote:
> It outputs this at start:
> ** (banshee_test:22386): WARNING **: No marshaller for signature of
> signal 'EventChanged'

I believe this is your problem. Looking at Closures[1], GLib does not
ship with a marshaller that "understands" that signal's signature.

> The add-signal setting for "EventChanged" should be this, but it fails:
> dbus_g_proxy_add_signal(proxy, "EventChanged", G_TYPE_STRING,
> G_TYPE_STRING, G_TYPE_DOUBLE, G_TYPE_INVALID);

Run glib-genmarshal[2] and use "VOID: STRING, STRING, DOUBLE" as the
marshaller specification. Remember to call
dbus_g_object_register_marshaller[3] (I believe it should be done
before calling dbus_g_proxy_add_signal).

The section "GLIB with C examples" of
http://web.archive.org/web/20080501043040/http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/DiscoveringDevices
may also be of help.

Best regards,