errors compiling dbus-1.2.24 on minix3

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Sep 24 09:51:57 PDT 2010

Em Sexta-feira 24 Setembro 2010, às 16:07:33, Lencsés Lóránt escreveu:
>  @Thiago: Thanks for the quick reply! Nevertheless, I reinstalled the
> complete system and gcc(4.4.3) as well but I still get the same. Correct
> me if I'm wrong but @GOT, @GOTOFF, @PLT, ... are ELF specific symbols
> which should not come into play if I specify
> --disable-shared.  Regards,r0ller

Those are ELF relocations used for position-independent code. The D-Bus daemon
always compiles itself in that even if you're not compiling in shared mode.

Either way, the point is that your compiler generated those and your assembler
didn't like them. It's not D-Bus's fault: your toolchain is broken.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

Qt Developer Days 2010  -  Munich Oct 11-13  -  San Francisco Nov 1-3
For more information and to register: http://qt.nokia.com/qtdevdays2010