DBUS build fails on enabling asserts. Broken?

Mandeep Sandhu mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 01:11:03 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I'm cross compiling DBUS for my mips platform.

I configure the build with the following options:

./configure --prefix=/tmp/mss-dbus --exec-prefix=/tmp/mss-dbus
--host=mipsel-linux --enable-inotify --with-xml=libexpat
--disable-userdb-cache --disable-kqueue --disable-dnotify
--disable-libaudit --disable-selinux --disable-xml-docs
--disable-checks --disable-verbose-mode --disable-doxygen-docs
--disable-gcov --disable-dependency-tracking --without-x
--enable-abstract-sockets --enable-tests --enable-asserts

While building it, I get the following error in dbus-connection.c :
dbus-connection.c: In function '_dbus_connection_ref_unlocked':
dbus-connection.c:1399: error: 'DBusConnection' has no member named 'generation'
dbus-connection.c: In function '_dbus_connection_close_possibly_shared':
dbus-connection.c:1916: error: 'DBusConnection' has no member named 'generation'
make[3]: *** [libdbus_1_la-dbus-connection.lo] Error 1

However, if I run ./configure without --enable-asserts option, it
proceeds with the build w/o error.

I had enabled asserts after reading configure's o/p which said that
some tests might not report failures properly if asserts are disabled.

Is the build broken? Right now I'm going ahead with disabling asserts.
Will come back here if I find anything funny reported by the tests
(BTW, I'm a DBUS n00b!:)).

Thanks,
-mandeep